1. MEMBERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES
· Attend a majority of meetings and notify hostesses if unable to attend.
· Serve on at least 1 or 2 committees during each 2-year term.
· Present at least 3 exhibits per club year in Horticulture and/or Artistic Design.
· Serve as co-hostess with one other Club member at a monthly meeting during each 2-year term.
· Must be at least 75 years old and a member of the Club for at least 10 years.
· Need not attend a majority of meetings but should notify hostesses whether or not they will attend.
· Are not required to serve as hostess for monthly meetings.
· May serve on committees if they so desire, but are not required to do so.
· May exhibit horticulture and/or artistic designs if they so desire, but are not required to do so.
· May sponsor new members.
· Cannot vote or serve as officers.
Honored Membership will be granted, as determined by the Executive Board, to faithful members who are no longer able to attend meetings. Honored Members are not required to pay dues.
2. MONTHLY MEETINGS
- Monthly meetings will be held the second Tuesday of each month at Christ Episcopal Church, at 1:00 p.m., unless otherwise noted. All paid lunches will start at 12:00.
- It is the responsibility of hostesses to arrange tables and chairs for the meeting and afterwards put them back in the order they were found.
- If a hostess is unable to serve in her assigned month, she must find a replacement and notify the Entertainment Chairman.
- Decorations, table centerpieces for meetings are at the hostesses’ discretion. It is not required.
- If a member is unable to attend a meeting, hostess must be notified at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, or member will be assessed a $5.00 charge to be paid to the Club.
- Hostess will be provided with a list of members names to identify the excused absences. Treasurer will contact unexcused members, reminding to pay the fee to the club
- If a member brings a guest to a meeting, hostesses must be notified in advance and shall be reimbursed for the cost of refreshments. (The amount shall be set by hostesses.)
The Club shall pay the annual fee to Christ Episcopal Church for use of the Parish Hall.
All bills to the Treasurer should be in writing.
Money collected by the Country Store will be deposited by the Treasurer into the Club account
The President of the Club is not required to entertain.
One hundred dollars is to be appropriated each year for the President’s expenses at the State Convention if the Club’s finances permit.
The Vice President shall be responsible for arranging for and presenting a State Life Membership Pin, or the equivalent, to the outgoing President at her last meeting.
The Sponsors of new members shall be counselors for a year.
There will be a $5.00 fee to replace a lost Yearbook.
Raffle – Sells chances at monthly meetings for $1.00 each or 4 for $3.00. A drawing to be held during the meeting with 50% of the split to the winner and 50% to the club.
If a donation is over $100, the request for the donation needs to be made to the Executive Board ahead of time so it can be confirmed it will not exceed the budget. Then it can be voted on by the membership.
4. CHRISTMAS PACKAGES
Christmas packages containing items suitable for nursing home residents will be collected at the December meeting.
Class 1: Decorated Christmas Packages
Packages must include plant material in the decorations. The schedule may permit dried and/or treated plant material,accessories, and/or embellishment of fresh foliage.
No artificial plant material is permitted.
Class 2: Decorated Christmas Packages
Packages may contain natural materials, artificial plant material, dried and/or treated plant material, and accessories. This class does not require plant material, but it may be used if desired.