Skip to content
Garden Club Exhibit Rules
- Exhibits are to be in place by 12:30 p.m.
- The National Garden Club HANDBOOK FOR FLOWER SHOWS revised 2017 is the authority for all exhibits.
- All Design styles may be either creative modern or traditional unless otherwise stated in the schedule
- A Petite Design style may range from 3″ to 12″. A standard design is 12″ and larger.
- An exhibitor is permitted one exhibit in each design class – one Petite design and one Standard design. The same title is used for both designs.
- Unless otherwise indicated designers choice of plant may be used in all designs. This means either all fresh or all dried or a combination of both may be used in the designs. Other components and accessories may be used in the design classes as well.
- All exhibits in the Horticulture Division must have been grown by the exhibitor.
- No than 10 specimens per person per meeting
- A class may be decided by species, variety, color or size.
- The following may always be exhibited:
- a) a container grown plant (must have been in owners possession or 90 days). (b) collections or display. c) cut horticulture, flower or foliage
- Each member is asked to bring in three exhibits a club year either in Horticulture or design.
- Ribbons will be given for monthly exhibits: Blue: 3 points, Red: 2 points,Yellow: 1 point,Entry: 1/2 point if no award
- Any member entering a standard flower show would receive the same points for ribbons as the monthly exhibits. Member receives 5 points for a special award.